Vacancy: Project Officer at the International Water Resources Association (IWRA) Executive Office
International Water Resources Association (IWRA) is an international network of multidisciplinary experts on water resources. We are a non‐profit, non‐governmental, educational organisation established in 1971. For more information, consult their website at: www.iwra.org.
The IWRA Executive Office is hosted by the French Non‐Government Organisation, Association VERSeau Développement, in the city of Montpellier, France.
Contract type: Permanent, Full‐time. Based in Montpellier, France.
There are two main components of the position:
1. Support the daily operations of the Executive Office:
– Coordinating and administrating a network of professional members;
– Coordinating communications activities: website, newsletters, social media;
– Providing accounting, administrative and general office support;
– Supporting the various activities of the IWRA Executive Board; and
– Putting together proposals and seeking funds.
2. Contribute to the thematic priority areas of the Executive Office:
– Current themes of interest include (but not limited to): which water quality for different uses, science policy interface, water security, water governance;
– Managing thematic projects;
– Conducting research and making written contributions;
– Guiding and leading interns in thematic work; and
– Organising and supporting seminars and scientific conferences, e.g. the World Water Congress.
– Minimum Master Degree is required. At least 2‐5 years experience in the field of water, environment, development or related field is desired.
– Background: Water, Environmental Sciences, Political Sciences or Development Studies.
– Fluent level in English and in French, knowledge of other languages is also valuable.
– Capacity to work on different issues at the same time.
– Enjoys networking and developing professional relations and opportunities.
– Initiative and high motivation to work on global water resources issues.
– Ability and desire to work as part of a team.
– Must have valid visa or paperwork to work in France.
Application closing date: 4 November 2013
Please send your CV and cover letter clearly addressing the work description and candidate profile to:
Mr. Tom Soo
Executive Director, IWRA