Xiamen University Law School : Call for PhD applications in International Water Law
Xiamen University Law School invites applications for PhD students in its China International Water Law Programme (CIWL). Their full-time, three-year PhD programme in international law provides cutting-edge high-quality teaching and learning opportunities in international law, in Chinese and English. Xiamen Law School now seeks to develop its expertise in international water law and seeks quality applicants on its PhD programme. Supervision is offered in English and Chinese. The Xiamen CIWL PhD programme is an exciting opportunity to contribute to new academic research in the area of international water law, an important field for China and this
For more information on the Xiamen CIWL Research Group,please visit: http://www.chinainternationalwaterlaw.org/index.php
For detailed information on admission, please visit the University Admission Office website: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/
How to Apply
1. Entrance requirements:
(1). Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, be in good health, and possess a valid passport.
(2). Applicants should hold a master’s degree.
2. Applicants must finish both online and paper-based application.
(1) Online application and required documents uploading are to be made at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/application
(2) Once you finish the online application, a form will be generated automatically. This form and other required documents should be
mailed to the following address: Admissions Office of Xiamen University, Fujian Province, China. Postcode: 361005. Tel: +86-0592-2184792
(3) Required documents (most available on the website):
i. Application Form for International Students, which should be completed in Chinese or English and then printed out after successful online application.
ii. Master’s degree certificate (notarized copy in English or Chinese). Applicants who are currently studying at university should provide
a study certificate. Certificate in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translation in Chinese or English. Note: Applicants who have provided a study certificate should submit a notarized copy of their master’s degree to the XMU Admissions Office BEFORE THE SPECIFIED REGISTRATION DATE; failure to do so will result in disqualification of enrollment.
iii. Academic transcripts relating to master’s degree’s study. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be
accompanied by notarized translation in Chinese or English.
iv. Study or research proposal (minimum 1,000 words) in English. In the first instance please send your draft proposal for approval by
Professor Patricia Wouters at CWIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
v. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
vi. Language test certificate. Photocopy of Chinese (HSK) or English Proficiency Certificate or medium-of-instruction certificate.
vii. Photocopy of a valid passport.
viii. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form , inChinese or English. (The original is to be retained by the applicant.)
ix. Statement of Financial Support, certifying that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover his or her tuition, accommodation and
living expenses. It should be accompanied by an employment certificate or income certificate and a photocopy of the valid passport of the financial sponsor. Note: Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials. Incomplete application materials will be rejected. No application materials will be returned, regardless of the outcome of the application.
3. Deadlines – check dates as updated on website.
4. For information on scholarship, please click “Scholarships and Fees” on the University Admission Office homepage: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/website.aspx?website_id=73&language=en
Prospective students can choose from anyone of the scholarships listed on the website.
(1) For information on Chinese Government Scholarship, please visit the Chinese Scholarship Council website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/
(2) For information on the Confucius China Study Plan (Fellowship for PhD Programs) 2014, Xiamen University, please visit: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/shownews.aspx?language=en&news_id=209
(3) For information on scholarship of Xiamen University: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/liuxuesheng/website.aspx?website_id=79&language=en
Other scholarships are available for application. It is recommended that you find out more about these and other scholarships before
For detailed admission requirements: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/website.aspx?language=en&website_id=97
Since some of the forms and websites are in Chinese, CIWL is prepared to assist applicants in preparing and completing all the documents. For assistance, contact Professor Wouters PhD research assistant — Zoe Yang –email@example.com. An English translation of the application form and relevant documents will be made available.
For further information on PhD proposal topics contact:
Professor Patricia Wouters,
Law School, University of Xiamen, Xiamen, Fujian, China, Postcode: 361005