Vacancy announcement: Individual consultant for conducting Functional Review of the Ministry of Water Resources in Hargeisa, Somaliland-P143
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4 – year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Embassy of Norway and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to Water Resources Development in Somaliland implemented by the Ministry of Water Resources and intends to use a part of the funding for Conducting a Functional Review for the Ministry of Water Resources.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites applications from qualified Individual Consultants to provide the above services.
Qualifications and skills
- At least a master’s degree in water resources management, public policy, public administration, economics, law, political science, development studies, or related discipline;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in Somali will be an added advantage although not essential; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- At least 15 years’ experience in working as public sector management expert in the East and Horn of Africa;
- At least five years working in the water sector at strategic and policy level;
- Experience in countries emerging out of conflict or fragile states; and
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a multicultural environment, including the ability to integrate feedback of team members and stakeholders.
Specific professional experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in public sector management working on one or more of the following: capacity development, public sector reforms, public sector functional review or other similar processes which involve drawing of lessons learned from these experiences; and
- Demonstrated experience in conducting at least three public sector capacity assessment or functional reviews in the last five years.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail email@example.com. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 4 February 2015 East African Standard Time. Full Terms of Reference can be requested via email from SDF recruitment consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com
More details: http://www.developmentaid.org/viewjob-285273-