Workshop “International Water Law: Issues of Implementation,” Geneva, 10 July, 2015
A workshop on ‘International Water Law: Issues of Implementation‘ will be jointly organized by the Platform for International Water Law, Faculty of Law, University of Geneva, and the Geneva Water Hub at the University of Geneva on 10 July, 2015. The following subjects will be discussed:
– The Entry into Force of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Non-Navigational Uses of International Watercourses: Its Significance – Maurice Kamto, Professor at the Faculty of Law of the University Yaoundé II and Member of the International Law Commission.
– The Resort to Judicial Means and their Contribution to the Development of International Water Law – Lucius Caflisch, Honorary Professor of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and Member of the International Law Commission.
– Diplomacy, Responsibility and Accountability in Transboundary Water Disputes – Attila Tanzi, Full Professor at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bologna and Chair of the Implementation Committee of the UNECE Convention on the Protection and Use of Transboundary Watercourses and International Lakes.
– Freshwater and Energy Issues in the Context of International Dispute Settlement – Danae Azaria, Lecturer, Faculty of Laws, University College of London.
– International Water Law Guiding State Practice in Riparian Cooperation – Christina Leb, Senior Water Resources Specialist, World Bank, Associate Member of the Platform for International Water Law and member of AIDA.
The workshop will be co-chaired by AIDA member Dr Mara Tignino, Platform Coordinator and Senior Researcher, and Laurence Boisson de Chazournes, Professor of international Law at the University of Geneva.
Further information may be retrieved at the Platform’s website, at www.unige.ch/droit/eau