New website for IWRA XVII World Water Congress, Daegu, Korea, 11-15 May, 2020
AIDA members are invited to visit the new XVII World Water Congress website to learn more about this congress, which will be held in Daegu, Korea, on 11-15 May, 2020.
The following features may be accessed on this website:
- Welcome messages from the co-organisers: IWRA’s President, Gabriel Eckstein, the Mayor of Daegu Metropolitan City, Kwon Young-jin, the President of the Korea Water Resources Association, Kyung Soo Jun, and the President and CEO of K-water, Hak-Soo Lee.
- Congress sub-themes and cross-cutting issues under the main theme of “Foundations for Global Water Security and Resilience: Knowledge, Technology and Policy”.
- Preliminary congress programme with information on the expected structure of the week (opening ceremony, high-level panels, parallel sessions, IWRA awards ceremony, closing ceremony, etc.), and the related social programme (welcome reception, gala dinner, luncheon, technical and cultural tours, etc.).
- Key dates for the call for abstracts, special sessions and side events as well as for early registration and other important deadlines.
- Set-up of personal accounts in order to submit your abstract/s, session/s, poster/s or side event/s proposals, register to the congress, upload your presentations, sign-up for the newsletters, etc.
- Access to publications (brochures, leaflets, banners, etc.) and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Information on hotel accomodation, transportation, and the venue (Korea, Daegu, EXCO Centre, visa requirements and other details).
- Much more (sponsorship opportunities, list of the governance and working bodies, co-organiser websites, etc.).