ISARM 2021 – Transboundary Aquifers: Challenges and the Way Forward, Second International Online UNESCO Conference, 6-9 December 2021
This conference provides a unique opportunity to understand progress achieved over the past 10 years and contributes to the achievement of the SDG 6 and the monitoring of the indicator 6.5.2 on cooperation on transboundary waters. Several high-level debates will explore how science can inﬂuence policy for the sustainable management of transboundary aquifers resources and will look at evolution in water cooperation.
The main topics include:
- The contribution of transboundary aquifers to sustainable development within the framework of global and regional agendas;
- The science/policy interface for transboundary aquifers: the role of science in their management;
- Advances in the assessment and mapping of transboundary aquifers and hydrogeological methods;
- Education, capacity development and awareness raising, and,
- Governance of transboundary aquifers: strengthening cooperation.
To obtain further details and register for the conference, go to the conference website, https://isarm2021.org